My Photo
Name:
Location: Wonderland, Alberta, Canada

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dan Does Daring



Outrage erupts as Daniel Radcliffe, best known as the wizard boy Harry Potter, expands his acting resume which requires him to bare all in the UK production of Equus. Parents all over are calling for the end of the advertisement depicting Harry Potter naked. But wait! There is no lightning shaped scar on his forehead. There are no glasses. There are no Gryffindor robes or a wise cracking redheaded Ron Weasley. These are not pictures of Harry Potter. Even for those who disagree with the pictures, you can not say it is inappropriate for Harry Potter to have these pictures taken. It isn't Harry Potter. It's Daniel Radcliffe, an actor who portrays Harry Potter. Although he appears in a children's movie, he is no longer a child in the eyes of the British Government.
Do you reminisce about old episodes of "Diff'rent Strokes"? Remember Kimberly Drummond? She was in Playboy. No wait, that was Dana Plato. She also abused drugs and alcohol while filming the TV show, overdosed on valium, and robbed a video store. Parents must remember that actors are people that take various roles in their career. Some you like, some you don't. For example, who would you rather invite to dinner: Hannibal Lector or Zorro? Trick question. They are both Anthony Hopkins.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that would depend on what was for dinner... ;) It is silly how people get isn't it!

February 03, 2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Sariah said...

I think I'd rather have Anthony Hopkins for dinner. That'd be cool.

I'm really glad Dan Radcliff is doing Equus. Well, not *really* glad because it doesn't sound like a play I would go see, but I'm glad that he is able to expand his career and show the world that he is not just Harry Potter. I'm hoping to start seeing him in other movies soon, too. I'd like to see if he really is as good an actor as I think he is, or if it's just that I love Harry Potter.

February 15, 2007 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home