My Photo
Name:
Location: Wonderland, Alberta, Canada

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Don't Know Much, But I Know I Hate Him.

Canadian news agencies are reporting with glee today as the US mid-term elections have given the Democrats control of the House of Representatives. The Senate is still being contested in Virginia and Montana. Kevin Newman, Global National news anchor will be most thrilled. He has always presented a skewed version of Americans living in Canada. During the last Presidential Race, the only people he interviewed were disgruntled Democrat supporters that fled the US, half of which were lesbian and didn't approve of George W.'s stand on family values.
A general dislike for the current president has made most ill-informed Canadians desire a Democratic government. Imagine on 9-11 if Al Gore was president. What would be his response? "Can't we all just get along?" Or maybe, "The burning fuel from the planes in the WTC is bad for the environment." I doubt that Gore would have the stones to take on Osama and company, but Canada mourned a Republican win. Now the tide has turned as it did for most presidents in their second term.
Congrats, Canada. You got what you want, but you don't know what you are getting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really didn't think that the Republicans would lose many seats. I thought for sure that the voter turnout would be less and the Democrats would gain 1 or 2... Just didn't think that it'd happen...


The giant monster has been disturbed...

November 08, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

I thought the country would be a little more divided as well, kind of like the senate race. The thing is people tend to vote down party lines and I have a problem with that. Instead fo becoming informed they vote the way they always do or don't vote.

November 08, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Sariah said...

What amazed me as I watched the election results last night was just how close all the elections were. Maybe it's just me, but I think figures like 54% to 45% is close. All I have heard is how the Dems would be taking over because everyone in the country is fed up and wants a change, and yet it didn't seem to be such a landslide of *everyone* (whatever that means, anyway) voting Democrat and ousting the Rebulican control. It was interesting to me, anyway.

Oh, and some of the people I voted for won. And some of the propositions I voted for won and some I voted against won. Or lost. Whatever.

I'm glad elections are over... for the time being.

November 08, 2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home