My Photo
Name:
Location: Wonderland, Alberta, Canada

Friday, October 06, 2006

Spell cheque works grate!

The world is increasingly becoming dependent on computer aided spell checks. Believe it or not, even those who receive a post-secondary education are relying on this simple click and edit program. Do you recall Simon and Schuster? (Wayne's last name is not Simon.) I am sure you have read a book published by this famous New York company. They recently published a book for Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf. Many typos were included in the published version.
President Musharraf

In Social Studies, did you ever learn about 'Islam Bad"? That is the Pakistani capital according to Musharraf's latest book.

Have you ever visited china? That is the neighbour (neighbor to American readers) to Pakistan, whose capital is Islam Bad. (Note:Proper names and places are always capitalized except for the poet e e cummings who officially changed his spelling.)

Who is the Indian Prime Minister? Dr. Manmohan Singh, or as Musharraf refers to him, Manmo Ham.

HindustanTimes.com reports that the New York publishers "are seriously embarrassed and hiding from the media because of a number of publishing, spelling and grammatical mistakes in the famous book". Well, duh! (Click here for the official definition). So to the brilliant minds at Simon and Schuster, I dedicate today's blog and give for their reading pleasure, the following poem.

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I'm shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My chequer tolled me sew.

(Did you know that 'blog' comes up on the spell checker as a non-existent word?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

I wish I could spell and I hate spell checkers because they don't really make me look smarter.

You know I married someone like you. I'm sure he gets sick of editing my stuff, but he has never said he is. it must be true love.

October 06, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I hate that blog comes up on my spell checker. HATE, HATE, HATE.

October 11, 2006 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home